WIKI WIKI!


HELLO EVERYONE!



My post is about my experience with wikiing that was given as a task in my educational technologies course.


What Is a Wiki?


Wiki is a website that every user can add or edit content. It comes from the Hawaii phrase wiki-wiki which means quick.


But we shouldn’t forget that wiki is not a dependable source. Everyone from all around the world can add or edit the content hence there can be a lot of distorted information.




My Experience With Wiki



Our task was creating a wiki page about a book that we read and would recommend. First I signed up for PBworks after getting permission from the site. Afterward, I created a wiki page with the name of the book. On my page, I wrote a summary of the book, the book information, and my critique. All I left was clicking the publish button. 









If you are curious you can click here to go to my book review page!

I chose the book, Frankenstein since it is considered the pioneer of sci-fi novels. 


In my opinion, it is helpful for language learners to practice their writing skills through wikiing. Moreover, students can detect each other's mistakes and correct them while learning various information about the provided topic.



Do you like reading? What are your book suggestions for me?



See you in my next post! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LANGUAGE AWARENESS TASK

DIGITAL CANVAS - PADLET

TECHNOLOGY-ENHANCED PROJECTS